Lessons every Thursday at
Cathays Community Centre
36 – 38 Cathays Terrace
Cathays, Cardiff, CF24 4HX
You can start any week - there is no course start/end date, or come and just watch anytime.
Lessons for juniors aged 10 to 13
from 7pm to 8pm.
£4 per class.
A parent or guardian must also be present.
Youth and Adult classes
from 8pm to 9pm
£4 per class.
For insurance reasons, you need to apply
for membership before stepping onto the mat.
(re-fundable the next day)
Yearly Membership Fees
ADULT (17 & OVER) £38
(If a member is still studying at 17 years old they can
claim the unemployed until they cease studying and gain
employment or reach the age of 21)
JOINT MEMBERSHIP £60
(two cohabiting people - up to teachers discretion)
UNEMPLOYED £25, YOUTH £18
DISABLED £18 (Doctors letter rquired)
SENIOR CITIZEN £18 (Age 65 and over)
HONORARY (70 years and over) Free
You do not need to buy your own insurance.
There are additional fees to attend courses and to be graded.
I shall be the 'Covid Officer' for the club.
To minimise risk, these will be the main changes to how we practice.
1. We will aim to perform ki tests and techniques in three seconds.
In practice, this will may mean practising the beginning, intermediate and ending of techniques separately, then performing whole techniques.
2. Partners need to keep practicing together throughout the session.
3. We should avoid changing into our Gi's at the hall; instead arrive already wearing your Gi.
4. I shall encourage mat fees to be paid contactless (via Square or by standing order).
Politeness, rules of behaviour and common decency are very much part of Ki Aikido. All students are expected to acquaint themselves with Aikido etiquette. After starting practising one should try not to give up but continue with a strong mind, being determined to overcome difficulties. You will by and by understand the principle and spirit of Aikido feeling a great benefit.
1. Respect your teacher
2. Be courteous to your partner
3. Be quiet inside the Dojo
4. Cleanliness is important
5. Keep your Kidogi clean
6. Keep your fingernails and toenails short
7. Be kind to lower grades, never rough
8. Do not practise outside the Dojo
9. Try to avoid fighting
10. Be moderate in daily eating and drinking